convection fan? yankee bay lopi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lineguy

Oct 11, 2011
ny
I have an older pellet stove (2005) with original control board. What happens is in start up mode everything seems to work . stove comes up to temp but convection fan wont start. I have put 120v direct to blower and it works fine, I have continuity across exhaust temp snap disc when stove is hot.
tested voltage at pig tail connection for motor and getting a range of voltage 50v - 90v seems to fluctuate. with snap disc still connected i jumpered the disc and still no convection blower and same volt readings at blower motor. Then about 20 minutes of running stove shuts down and fault light comes on. A new board is over 200.00. volt reading at snap disc is 120v.