Cord wood can be used for more than just burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the look, would love to do it one day....running out of time, so many things to do....

Wow that's pretty crazy.

well, it is cut,split,stacked and seasoned. Wonder when he will light the fire?

I like the look of it. I don't have the patience to do things like that.

What kind of wood drying needs to go for this kind of house?

Thought this was pretty interesting. Not for me, I don't see how all that exposed end grain will hold up over the years, but pretty cool none the less.

http://cordwoodconstruction.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/cordwood-castle-in-maine/
I would imagine the wood is sealed, same as a log house.

Looking at the various pics, I like the split (triangular) cord house better than the ones that used rounds.
The rounds seem to leave to much mortar showing. Looks nice with the tighter stacking effect.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Not sure, it looks like haybales on top.

Even if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't build a house like this. All that aspen would be in my wood sheds. It is pretty, but really, I still prefer brick or stone to all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.