Cord wood log suppliers.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrd1995

Burning Hunk
Feb 21, 2020
North East, Pa
So I hope this the correct place to post this first off?
I am from the Erie, PA I have been trying to find suppliers for log truck loads of cord wood, how do you guys find suppliers? I have found 1 tree service that will deliver said it is close to 5 cords C.S.S. , do you just call local loggers until you find one that has logs available? I appreciate the advice and help.

I went to Craigslist for my area and saw that a couple of tree service companies were/are looking for people who can take log loads of wood. Basically a dump truck will come and dump logs into your driveway and the wood will be based on whatever jobs they had that day. Logs could be anything from willow to pine to oak to locust but I think it's worth the risk. Junk species can just go on the curb if you don't want to deal with it or split it for the campfire wood pile! In my experiences so far with these tree guys, I've never had totally rotten and punky logs. And species wise 85% has been ash with the rest a mix of pine, maple and elm. Since the tree service trees are likely from yards they could contain metal so it is a good idea to invest in a metal detector wand to run over the pieces of wood before stacking them.

Otherwise if tree service places are not an option for you is there a local or fairly close by lumber mill operation? Sometimes they are willing to sell logs they reject.

Reactions: mrd1995
So I hope this the correct place to post this first off?
I am from the Erie, PA I have been trying to find suppliers for log truck loads of cord wood, how do you guys find suppliers? I have found 1 tree service that will deliver said it is close to 5 cords C.S.S. , do you just call local loggers until you find one that has logs available? I appreciate the advice and help.

If you have an active logging industry in your area, try to figure out a local supplier to their industry. If you find one, there is usually a place to post messages or just ask the folks who work there. If you have a county cooperative extension there is usually a county forester that might be able to point you in the right direction. If someone is buying the low grade wood locally they would rather have a steady gig to deliver to. On the other hand stopping by an active log yard in early morning when they are heading in for the day or at the end of the day may work. Loggers expect to be paid when delivered and cash talks.

Last edited:
I'd go with the tree service. I personally never buy wood. But that being said. there are tree services near me that sell log lenth wood. You can call them up and negotiate a deal. My friend owns one of the services and will drop off loads of wood all Harwood. I would call a number of tree services and find out what they can offer you