Corona, Chimineas and Fire Pits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

VirginiaIron

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2013
Central Virginia
We are enjoying the savory aroma of camp fires today. The smell is so sweet.
Any one else?

20200620_175900.jpg

Attachments

• 20200618_184251.jpg
    20200618_184251.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 147
We had great weather and some physically distanced get togethers around the fire pit and on the deck. Of course the millennials think its nonsense. Someday I guess they will understand.

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Sweet..., add pepperoni and blue cheese wraps. Momma knows where happiness starts- priceless.
20200620_185127.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
We've been on "vacation" since Feb 29th, and the kids have been here since March 15th. None of us has left the house since then. We ordered some hospital grade lysol and everything we didn't have in stock is getting delivered and sprayed down. We call it "corona unboxing" like the youtube videos haha.

Anyway, we're just enjoying life and staying home until this is over if it harelips the governor.

My chiminea looked close to yours - until eventually the firebox rusted completely through. Is your model available anywhere online for a reasonable cost? I did some searching a couple months back and just could not find steel or cast iron models in that form factor.

My chiminea looked close to yours - until eventually the firebox rusted completely through. Is your model available anywhere online for a reasonable cost? I did some searching a couple months back and just could not find steel or cast iron models in that form factor.
I got this at Sams. Sorry, the cheapest I see is at HD, gulp! I drilled a hole at the base to drain water. Cast iron is nice and not delicate like clay.