Corona Virus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are discussing budgets for current and past years under President Trump are we not? While it is true that Trump consistently starts a negotiation from a position of strength, the budgets for the CDC have ultimately increased as passed by congress and signed By President Trump. Funding for 2021 is not relevant in this discussion.
Corona Virus

Reactions: Highbeam and NickW
We are discussing budgets for current and past years under President Trump are we not? While it is true that Trump consistently starts a negotiation from a position of strength, the budgets for the CDC have ultimately increased as passed by congress and signed By President Trump. Funding for 2021 is not relevant in this discussion.
View attachment 259508
Yeah, but what does it look like compared to Bush or Clinton?

One of many rules of three.

3am
300lbs
3 flights of stairs no elevator

That goes with the following

3 cardiac arrests in a shift
3 bad traumas in a row
3 long distance transfers in a riw
3 easy shifts followed by 3 shifts from hell

it’s science really...
My wife is an LPN and swears in the rule of three
I swear by the rule of three also, at the FD, when busy we'll get 3 "real calls" in a row followed by a break, 3 house fires in a row in a given 3 week period, so on and so on. And when its quiet for 3 straight days, be worried, cause the real calls are about to start up.

Reactions: Medic21
When I get a chance I will go back and research CDC funding from the 90's .
Don't bother. Correction noted, though budgets are made by Congress, not presidents. This is not on the Covid-19 topic. Save future chatter for an economics or political forum.

Last edited:
Don't bother. Correction noted, though budgets are made by Congress, not presidents. This is not on the Covid-19 topic. Save future chatter for an economics or political forum.

Censorship noted. Will do. Thanks

More on topic. .....Covid-19 may linger in the testicles of men (obviously). This is crazy!

Nan is working from home behind me. She's on hold with the bank.

I really hope there is a special place in hell for the people that pick out the on-hold music.

I just said that to Nan.

"That they have to listen to it all the time?" :)

Reactions: Ludlow
My wife is on the front line of a bank
They were on a 2-week self-quarantine
now back to work on the front line
I worry for her every day . I am one of those that are
in a vulnerable position. So thank god for telephone banking
This keeps people out of the bank

Reactions: Ludlow

Attachments

• VIDEO-2020-04-09-09-23-37.mp4
    7.8 MB
Reactions: Ashful
And that is absolutely on topic. It a shame our focus got shifted to multiple pointless and unwinnable wars and this got put on the back burner. Only to be almost completely cut from the budget eventually. If we had followed through things could have played out differently.

Not sure why I was quoted in that post though

Reactions: Ashful
I rebut a statement of a mod with facts and then get "ya buts" about things from 25 years ago. I was sarcastic about researching that. Wasn't going to.

Only to be almost completely cut from the budget eventually. If we had followed through things could have played out differently

That is false. I'm sure my reply is off topic.

No censorship at all just keeping this thread on topic.

Since when is the CDC off limits in this thread?

We need the CDC firing on all cylinders right now.
CDC people didn't even know about the 2016 govt. guidelines for pandemic response.
The CDC has been under the gun for the past few years.
The CDC has been seriously compromised so the states are having to pick up the slack.

Meh... getting a little warm in here, guys?

We all have our political differences, and the current situation is certainly tied to them in many ways, but there's no reason we can't discuss one without bickering about the other.

Good find on the bush vid, @blades.

Reactions: bholler
... but there's no reason we can't discuss one without bickering about the other ...@blades.

You should see us folks on the OBX forum, OBXconnection. Lots of nasty comments for a while. Some of us just gave up.

I pushed bact to the "virus was developed by the Chinese military and was released intentionally to kill a portion of their population."

I posted a link to the recent Nature article on the virus.

Now I have been branded a China-lover by someone over there.

Reactions: bholler
Since when is the CDC off limits in this thread?
CDC is not off-limits, no one said it was. But a page of discussion for a simple rebuttal was enough.

Was on my phone then, and didnt realize you were talking about the video? I missed that. I thought you were saying the CDC went unfunded. Bush sure called it.
Ok then. Just a misunderstanding no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.