Cottonwood score: Split now or next spring?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
mecreature said:
I have close to 2 cord of cotton wood left to start the season off. I will burn it till its gone.
It fell last year in November. Maybe same btu as pine but pine is a much more friendly wood.
Seems like just high humidity keeps cotton wood wet. Cotton wood is a weird wood.

But I have it and I will suck all the heat I can from it ...split it and get it dry and try to keep water from it. JMO

I didnt spoil you enough with the cracking of black locus and hickory? ;-) I would rather pick up wet crap bare handed...lol

I have some nice rows of BL and Hickory. just saving it for the really cold stuff.
I sure love smelling that hickory on these hot summer evenings. I cut up a some good chunks of it and have been grilling with it.
Starting to get the hang of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.