Could people post their Lopi Freedom pictures? (Or other nice relatively flush installation shots)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonedoc

Mar 18, 2007
Western CT
Long story....after much pain, anguish and negotiation was all set to install FPX 33 elite and.......sorry fireplace is too shallow!!

This is AFTER the installer came out, measured and gave us an estimate. Moreover,(on his instruction) we had an electrician wire our fireplace so no cords would show.

To say the least, I'm a LITTLE upset.

Although made from the same firebox, the Lopi Freedom sits a few more inches out onto the hearth so it should fit. I need to convince my wife that it will look OK.

She has only "agreed" to the FPX 33 elite as it is flush and "doesn't look too much like a wood stove".

Any pictures of this stove in operation would be a big help.

Any other suggestions would also be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.......otherwise I could be SOL...

Thanks for the heads up. I actually had seen those but was hoping for a few more examples.

Anyone have a near-flush insert installation to brag about???

The Lopi Freedom Bay was installed about a month ago. Old chimney had a 14’ long SS flue, 6” in diameter liner installed full length. Good draw and I’ve gone about five days before scooping out the ash. I have a coarse wire chimney cap, but no spark arrestor.

I usually use 1-1/2 tanks (500 gal) of Propane at $2.60/gal. With the use of free hardwood, I should have it paid for in three winters. I like the variable speed blower’ slower speed that allows me to build a smaller fire to heat 1 or 2 rooms. The thermostat automatically cuts on when it’s hot enough, and then when the fire goes lower, it will cut off to prevent blowing cooler air. I almost wish it could set out another 4" or 5" so a full size cast iron kettle filled with water to help with humidity in the house, but I can find a half-profile iron kettle.

A special “Thank You” to the fellows on this forum who helped me with information, choices and shortening the learning curve for a successful start.

Bill

Attachments

• Fireplace Insert January 2008.JPG
    Fireplace Insert January 2008.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 403
I don't know anything about the stove itself, but strictly based on looks the Lopi Declaration (Avalon has a similar model too) takes the cake hands down. Jotul makes one that looks pretty nice too, and they're both nearly flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.