Couple odd questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Jan 8, 2010
KY
Found a place that has an insert with a dent in the back heat shield for 600.00 off regular price. Heat shield is basically back wall of stove I assume as they said it couldn't be removed. Said dent was 1/2 inch and door,glass, firebrick was all fine. Good deal or buying a problem? I wonder what it will happen when heated up. Any signs to look for besides the obvious? I like the price but sure don't need any future problems. Also, wife likes the pewter door for nearly 200.00 bucks. I like the 10.00 can of high temp pewter paint. Isn't the pewter door frame just paint or is it dipped or what? Will high temp paint hold up or bake off fast and look bad?

Thanks,
Rob

Have no pictures. Will most likely go see it Saturday if weather is not to bad.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.