Covid lockdown???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdougy

Minister of Fire
Apr 15, 2014
ontario
Reactions: Eureka

Appears the approach is an attempt to stop gathering??......looks like costco will be open,with the small operator being shuttered in? That, i don't understand. All forms of construction are still allowed. The first lockdown in March alot of construction was effected.

Reactions: JimBear

Appears the approach is an attempt to stop gathering??......looks like costco will be open,with the small operator being shuttered in? That, i don't understand. All forms of construction are still allowed. The first lockdown in March alot of construction was effected.
I didn't read it that way. Small operators are allowed to be open, but I'm not sure if they fall into the 25 or 50% area. Sounds like any retail establishment can remain open if they are willing to conduct curbside pickups.

Our numbers in Jersey are getting really high, steady mid 5ks, On a higher note, I am getting the vaccine shot today at the local hospital

I got the vaccine this morning, it was no big deal, signed a few forms, showed my id's and got the shot, waited 15min to make sure I didnt have a reaction and off I went. For those that get the flue shot, this was easier feeling, I did see on the news a few people getting shots and saw what looked like a heavy gauge needle and thought it would hurt more, I couldnt even tell by feeling when the needle was in me, second dose is in 4 weeks.

I got the vaccine this morning, it was no big deal, signed a few forms, showed my id's and got the shot, waited 15min to make sure I didnt have a reaction and off I went. For those that get the flue shot, this was easier feeling, I did see on the news a few people getting shots and saw what looked like a heavy gauge needle and thought it would hurt more, I couldnt even tell by feeling when the needle was in me, second dose is in 4 weeks.

I know what you're talking about . . . always seems like when you see footage it looks like the largest needle and appears as though they are taking forever to administer it vs. the quick, small pinch of a jab from when I had it done. Kinda like seeing footage of the swab tests when they appear as though they are trying to poke one's brain with the swab . . . and I realize some tests do go way back there . . . but both tests I had did not go anywhere in that far.

@firefighterjake I figure I would share my experience incase there was someone on the fence that doesnt like needles, as the vaccine opens up to more and more people, people will be searching online to see who got what and if they had a bad experience, my experience was good.

@firefighterjake I figure I would share my experience incase there was someone on the fence that doesnt like needles, as the vaccine opens up to more and more people, people will be searching online to see who got what and if they had a bad experience, my experience was good.

HehHeh . . . that would be me. I spend most of my life trying to avoid getting punctured by sharp objects. That said . . . after getting sick a month and a half ago with something (not Covid) that knocked me on my butt (I still have some lingering symptoms even) I prefer to not get that sick again.

They tightened the restrictions further here in Ontario as of today. Stay at home order, some more closures and officially entered a state of emergency again. The numbers aren't great or currently staggering. I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 infections a day for this province. The city i live close to (11th biggest in Canada) is about 120 per day. They appear to be in a very big argument if the measures are severe enough, due to the fact that there is no definition of what is a essential services. Still seems all very strange to me, most people are already taking this stuff seriously and not quite sure what the government is up to.

We've been on a similar lockdown since the beginning of December. Stores at 15% capacity, no dine in restaurants, take out or delivery only. No salons, massages, etc. No social gatherings, indoors or outdoors. Was a pretty dull Christmas, weren't even allowed to see family outside of your household.

It's really hurt small business, capacity is based on fire code, so large stores are often allowed well over 100 customers inside. The grocery store we use is allowed a couple hundred inside at once, our butcher shop is only allowed 4 customers at a time.

It's starting to loosen up now, salons and other personal care services will be open by appointment-only starting on Monday.

Reactions: Eureka
My county, one of the least affected and lowest populated in the country, now has seven deaths reported as of yesterday, January 15th. Maine, and the rest of the country, are now paying for the holidays.

Rumors are going around again that there will be a nationwide two week complete lockdown starting next weekend. It could be the crazies just yelling stuff but I can see it happening.

I could see the nationwide lockdown happening, though I don't know what essential businesses would be allowed to continue as it happens. Their was a lot of confusion when this all began about what was considered essential and I assume their will be push back from folks that think they are even if they aren't. I see it as much more likely to enforce though than a nationwide mask mandate. Their aren't enough resources to make sure that mandate is followed.

Since last March, other then for work I really havent left my local geographic area, so essentially I stayed in a bubble, being just outside of NYC metro area our local economy hasn't really been hit to bad, lots of service workers have remained working, other people shifted to work from home being employed by larger corps.
This past week a small group of us took a trip up north to Gore Mtn (North Creek NY) that area is decently rural but with small town charm area's, the typical Norman Rockwell main streets of mom and pop stores, resturants and small food stores, nothing crazy maybe a large Walmart 30 min away (Hauge NY) let me say this much, those poor people were already slightly depressed before the virus, now it just hurts to see, many small business parking lots havent even been plowed out and also have few tire tracks in the snow, its going to take years for those folks to bounce back to a normal pre-covid economy, I went online and saw what I thought was a lot of homes for sale compared to the actual population of people.

I could see the nationwide lockdown happening, though I don't know what essential businesses would be allowed to continue as it happens. Their was a lot of confusion when this all began about what was considered essential and I assume their will be push back from folks that think they are even if they aren't. I see it as much more likely to enforce though than a nationwide mask mandate. Their aren't enough resources to make sure that mandate is followed.
The mask thing here was overwhelming accepted in general here. With the majority of people wanting to do their part in protecting themselves and others. I do know people who refuse to wear a mask and when they are asked why they are not, they say," for medical reasons they don't wear one." And apparently not much confrontation from their reply. Personally I agree that we may as well try and wear a mask, much more than agreeing to telling a businesses that they can not operate.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
We have a population of just over 108,000 in our county, these are the new cases per day for January 2021.
Jan. 1, 87
Jan. 2, 121
Jan. 3, 29,
Jan. 4, 33
Jan. 5, 78
Jan. 6, 74
Jan. 7, 148
Jan. 8, 82
Jan. 9, 74
Jan. 10, 82
Jan.11, 74
Jan. 12, 61
Jan. 13, 70
Jan. 14, 105
Jan. 15, 118
Jan. 16, 88

Some of the nursing homes in our county have been hit hard, sad.

We have a population of just over 108,000 in our county, these are the new cases per day for January 2021.
Jan. 1, 87
Jan. 2, 121
Jan. 3, 29,
Jan. 4, 33
Jan. 5, 78
Jan. 6, 74
Jan. 7, 148
Jan. 8, 82
Jan. 9, 74
Jan. 10, 82
Jan.11, 74
Jan. 12, 61
Jan. 13, 70
Jan. 14, 105
Jan. 15, 118
Jan. 16, 88

Some of the nursing homes in our county have been hit hard, sad.
Yes...nursing homes and anyone over 60 should be front of the line for a vaccine

Yes...nursing homes and anyone over 60 should be front of the line for a vaccine
I think the next age group that will get vaccinations in NY starts at 65 or 66, if they have the vaccines. That should start about the third week of January, I'm not in that group.

Down in Jefferson County NY, they were told they would have 600 vaccines so they scheduled people, the state sent 100 which pissed off a bunch of people. I'm not sure what happened but if the state didn't have them then someone screwed up on the state or county level.

Status
Not open for further replies.