Cumberland MF3800

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
First,call Ardisam and see if parts are still available.They quit importing them quite some time ago,but promised parts for 10 years,but things may have changed.Second,realize none of the online places sell/stock any parts for these stoves.I do not even think there are any dealers left,just the importer,Ardisam.Third,if you want a stove for main heat,do not buy one that parts are going to be a problem.If I got it free or for a hundred bucks,I would put it in my little tool shed,workshop,"if" parts can still be obtained.

Bob, thanks for your thoughtful response. To add...we have a heat pump but are looking to add a stove for secondary heat in our living room to offset running the central unit on cold evenings.

Ya,you are down south.That was a 900 dollar import stove,when it was made.Think about what I said about obtaining parts.If it was a great item,you would have gotten lots of reply's on this site.

Check into the englander 25pdvc or 25pdv. Economical stoves and when properly maintained will serve you well for many years. Parts are everywhere for them.