Curious about stove shop pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

markcobs

Feb 26, 2019
Merrimack NH
I am very interested in buying a Harman Allure 50. Right now my local stove shop is offering 10% off. I can make it through the rest of this winter without it and was wondering if there's a chance people tend to see even better deals than 10% off during the spring and summer months. I've never paid attention so I'm not sure if I should wait or pull the trigger now before I miss this 10%.

Mind you this is in Canada
You can get a coupon for 300$ off
and our local stove a pellet dealer
gives you 1.5 tons of pellets
when you buy a stove from him
Welcome to the forum

I got 1k off by buying floor model. List 4300 and got for 3300. But no 100 bucks off from Harmon could be used with that.

10 % off is what I got on my Allure last March, I jumped then because the dealer said if there is gonna be a price increase from Harman that it is usually in April.

10 % off is what I got on my Allure last March, I jumped then because the dealer said if there is gonna be a price increase from Harman that it is usually in April.
That's good information Rich, thank you. Think I'll buy it tomorrow.

Picked up my new Harman Allure 50 today. Will hook it up in the next day or two. I definitely didn't do enough homework and got surprised while at the store. The list price was $3859 and with a $100 Harman coupon and 10% off it brought the price down to something like 3364 so I thought I was getting a good deal. What I didn't realize was that was without the sides. They listed the sides in the store as $368 which I thought, OK, I'll just go ahead and buy them, then it rang up as $736. That price was PER SIDE!!! This seemed very deceiving to me but I was all ready to go so I did it anyways. Basically I paid the full retail price and I still don't have the glass front. Anyways, it's a beautiful stove and I look forward to hooking it up and taking some pictures which I will share here.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Yeah Harman really knows how to nickle and dime you with the Allure, I didn't get or want the glass front either, just wasn't a fan of all that glass after seeing it in person. Congrats on the stove mine has been awesome so far.