Cutting Duravent PelletVent pipe to use with an adjustable length

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SnoteS

Jul 16, 2020
NJ
I always search first but if I missed an answer to this I'm sorry. I need a roughly 53" length of straight pipe from the stove T to the ceiling connection. I'm going to have to use an adjustable pipe I'm guessing. I noticed PelletVent doesn't come in 48" lengths. I was wondering if I could cut a 60 " pipe instead of using 2 - 24" pipes. The adjustable pipe is going to be sliding on the end. It seems like it would be one less joint and look better. I'm looking for a safe professional installation so suggestions would be appreciated if there is something I'm not thinking of. Thanks!

If you modify a piece of venting, you may void your homeowner's insurance.
A better choice might ICC Excel pellet vent. Much better quality & a cleaner looking install.
It'll cost you a little more than Duravent, but that's the way I'd go.

Reactions: Woodspliter
If you modify a piece of venting, you may void your homeowner's insurance.
A better choice might ICC Excel pellet vent. Much better quality & a cleaner looking install.
It'll cost you a little more than Duravent, but that's the way I'd go.

I didn't think about homeowners insurance. I'll look at the Excel vent. Thanks!