damper stuck PLEASE HELP!!!!!! EF3 bay - pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

00steve

Hearth Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
canada
My damper is stuck and I can not figure out how to fix it.

I have removed all the parts I can get off the stove and still there is no way that I can get the damper free.

I took off thew back plate on the inside burning area...

There is a hole in the center that I think I see the plate and feel it. I have tried tapping it hard with a screw driver and hammer, but I do not want to break anything so I give up quickly.

Does anyone know anything about this? Could the damper be locked in place electronically possibly? I do not know anything about these things other then all the parts I took off and the little information I have read.

I assume WD40 might not be safe to spray in there....does anyone know of a safe lubericant that I can try?

I really need to get this thing running, if anyone can help please reply.

Thanks for your time, Steve

stevel said:
My damper is stuck and I can not figure out how to fix it.

I have removed all the parts I can get off the stove and still there is no way that I can get the damper free.

I took off thew back plate on the inside burning area...

There is a hole in the center that I think I see the plate and feel it. I have tried tapping it hard with a screw driver and hammer, but I do not want to break anything so I give up quickly.

Does anyone know anything about this? Could the damper be locked in place electronically possibly? I do not know anything about these things other then all the parts I took off and the little information I have read.

I assume WD40 might not be safe to spray in there....does anyone know of a safe lubericant that I can try?

I really need to get this thing running, if anyone can help please reply.

Thanks for your time, Steve

If your EF3 is like my EF2 I used a quick spray of WD40 just at the corner where the damper meets the back of the fire wall. Vise grips seemed to give me enough leverage to loosen I believe it was stuck from creasote buildup. Wiggle it back and forth easy though not to damage the rod.

the best way is to remove the combustion blower
and remove the 4 bolts that hold on the Chamber that is mounted to the back wall of the firebox
this sandwiches the damper slider and the combustion chamber to the back of the firebox.

I have done many due to people running there stove that was not running good and creosoot build up in this chamber.

Reactions: Reuter5
Status
Not open for further replies.