Dawson Brothers Chicago Grate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djryann

Jul 28, 2016
Kansas
I recently came into possession of a Dawson Brothers Chicago Grate fireplace insert. It is a very interesting piece of vintage ornamental ironwork. It is complete, as far as I can tell, and in OK shape, but could be better. It had some rust, which I removed, but in the process I damaged some of the original patina on the ornamental cover. I do not know a whole lot about these, other than they are very old, and possibly desirable to some people.

1. Is anyone really interested in these, and is it worth the time to post pictures of it?

2. Is there anyone who does restoration work, i.e. who could touch-up some of the patina that was damaged or removed in the process of removing rust?

I appreciate any input from anyone out there!! Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.