Dead Standing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Part of this weekend will be spent looking in this area for some burnable dead standing so I can help my neighbor who cut caught with not so seasoned wood. I offered some good dry ash,sugar maple,beech (all three years old) or cherry (one year old) but they refused so when I ask him if he would take some dead standing he said yes, if the wood is not dry enough I'll bring him the ash.

Earlier in the year I brought him some dead standing I cut that was 15 percent M/C split small and when he burned it he was surprised by how much heat it gave off.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0406.jpg
    100_0406.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 578
GolfandWoodNut said:
Your the best.

This is our neighbor that let me cut up and take that nice cherry thanksgiving weekend which turned out to be about one months worth of heat going by last years consumption, he wants to pay me for any of the wood I bring him but I can't take it.

zap

zapny said:
GolfandWoodNut said:
Your the best.

This is our neighbor that let me cut up and take that nice cherry thanksgiving weekend which turned out to be about one months worth of heat going by last years consumption, he wants to pay me for any of the wood I bring him but I can't take it.

zap

Hes got to be good at something, barther its his pride thats in the way! lol

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
GolfandWoodNut said:
Your the best.

zap

If he won't take it, I'll plow him in! We'll do something but not money, you should've heard him when I told him I had some pine. (Old school and won't think of burning pine.)

zap

loon said:
very nice of ya zap! looks like alot of good burnable wood standing and laying ;-)

loon

Most the wood down is basswood but the dead standing is sugar maple the best I can tell. Loon did you get any snow, since last Saturday we received eight inches.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
GolfandWoodNut said:
Your the best.

zap

If he won't take it, I'll plow him in! We'll do something but not money, you should've heard him when I told him I had some pine. (Old school and won't think of burning pine.)

zap

Its the samething here I will go to plow the guy next door he always says go inside and get warm I will do it. The tractor comes back full off fuel and some cookies. Must wait for snow to start wipping it up because it HOT! ( Kids Love them)

When we lived in Massena I use to plow for my neighbors and they wanted to pay but I refused but told her I would take whatever she wanted to bake, we had some nice apple pies that winter. Food is always on the table instead of money when helping out the neighbor.

zap

zapny said:
When we lived in Massena I use to plow for my neighbors and they wanted to pay but I refused but told her I would take whatever she wanted to bake, we had some nice apple pies that winter. Food is always on the table instead of money when helping out the neighbor.

zap
Easy trade and they feel good about it as well...4 girls and that old guy can bake a mean cookie! love his dogs aswell.

the dead standing is sugar maple the best I can tell. Loon did you get any snow, since last Saturday we received eight inches.

zap[/quote]

the dead maple sounds great and it finally quit here today..

wife and friends of ours are heading to Dominican tomorrow and i will be off work at noon for almost a week and a half ;-P

should be some good times out in the woods...

loon

loon said:

the dead standing is sugar maple the best I can tell. Loon did you get any snow, since last Saturday we received eight inches.

zap

the dead maple sounds great and it finally quit here today..

wife and friends of ours are heading to Dominican tomorrow and i will be off work at noon for almost a week and a half ;-P

should be some good times out in the woods...

loon[/quote]

That sounds good.

zap

Where do you reside?
Can I be your neighbor?

sweet lord

Zap, you already know my feelings on this. Give him the best that you can and you'll both be happy.

Stump_Branch said:
Where do you reside?
Can I be your neighbor?

sweet lord

Bring your saw.

zap

oh shes fueled up, chain sharp, extra's in the case...ready to make sawdust

Stump_Branch said:
oh shes fueled up, chain sharp, extra's in the case...ready to make sawdust

Make sure you bring a dull chain, we would like a new trail cleared along the base of a good size hill which will include bucking up some down branches and trees.

zap

might as well bring a hatchet too.

Don't forget the canthook.

Backwoods Savage said:
Don't forget the canthook.

Sav, I forgot the

zap

Attachments

• 245px-Cant_Hook_(PSF).jpg
    245px-Cant_Hook_(PSF).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 154
Stump_Branch said:
Where do you reside?
Can I be your neighbor?

sweet lord

Stump_Branch, here is the trail I'll be clearing this spring which runs another 1/2 to 3/4 of mile along the bottom of this hill. We have some cherry down plus some beech I need to get so bring the saws and some bad chains.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0287.jpg
    100_0287.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_0476.jpg
    100_0476.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.