December Summer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
70 down here with the possibility of some tornados the next few days. Not exactly my idea of Christmas weather but the good lord has other plans

Not a day in next week will be below 65 degrees with Christmas looking to be in the 70's. Rain every day. The textbook worst weather for a wood burning stove.

Forecast this week is overnights in the teens and single digits, real feel temps. Time to dig into the good stuff

They're talking about snow in forecasts and the news again.
Time to get a stash a little closer to the house.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Agreed, I have a hoop I got from a friend since he hasn't burned years. Went to pellets, so I'm going to put that on the deck near the other "medium wood" rack and fill it with some oak and hickory for the cold nights

I like when you tell someone you wish it would get cold and they give you a puzzled look. Don't you want to save on oil? No I want to burn some Oak and Locust.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Here the weather is supposed to be cold for a day or two but then upper forties by end of week. Next week looks like it will cool down again but never know anymore. Just more wood for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.