Decided to do an early buy ......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all HDs charge $65 for any amount delivered. My local HD, in Augusta, Maine charges based upon how much is delivered. I had 5 tons delivered in early November and it was enough to make the delivery free. $239/ton. For 3 tons of DF Blazers, and 2 tons FSUs (some lady got 2 tons of my Blazers by driver mistake) is a pretty darn good deal.

Tax on pellets here in Maine is not added (yet), the tax was added to the delivery charge of $65.00 though ! What a scam eh ?

Scam from the state but the company is just doing business honestly.

Not all HDs charge $65 for any amount delivered. My local HD, in Augusta, Maine charges based upon how much is delivered. I had 5 tons delivered in early November and it was enough to make the delivery free. $239/ton. For 3 tons of DF Blazers, and 2 tons FSUs (some lady got 2 tons of my Blazers by driver mistake) is a pretty darn good deal.

Well, to be fair, if I lived anywhere close, they probably would deliver for free (I don't know that for a fact though) - but they gotta go about 35 miles, one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.