gzecc Posted By gzecc, Oct 7, 2018 at 9:31 PM

1. gzecc

gzecc
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 24, 2008
    Loc:
    NNJ
    Just pressure washed my pressure treated deck this weekend. I like how the pressure treated wood looks when its wet and clean. Anyone have a good suggestion on a sealer or stain?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hogwildz

Hogwildz
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2006
    Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    All I can offer is, the more translucent the stain, the better it penetrates and holds. The more solid, the less penetration, and be ready for it to peel off in big chunks within a year or two. Get yourself a transparent or semi transparent stain/sealer and save yourself some headaches. Personally, I'd clean it and leave it, easier to refresh in a few years by just pressure washing

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sportbikerider78 likes this.
  3. gzecc

gzecc
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 24, 2008
    Loc:
    NNJ
    I was hoping someone would suggest that!

Hogwildz likes this.
  4. Alpine1

Alpine1
    Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 27, 2017
    Loc:
    Eastern Alps, Italy
    Use stand oil, it will give the wood a “wet” look, penetrates deeply and doesn’t peel off. It takes a few days to dry and it stinks, but can keep wood as good as new for generations if applied every other year.

Jan Pijpelink likes this.
  5. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    I have good luck with Sikkens translucent. About $50 a gallon, but covers very well and keeps the deck looking nice.