Defiant Install Problem Found - Source Of My Burn Time Woes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
To add to the above, today was very windy. Other have mentioned it might be a negative pressure situation, but it's only ever happened today with all the wind. How does one go about running a wood stove when it's windy then?

Wanted to add an update. Dealers have been pretty much useless. But I may have solved at least the safety concerns. Installed a Vacu-Stack topper on the chimney which caused a steady updraft up the chimney. I can now light it, even cold, and the positive draft up and out pulls the initial smoke perfectly. Second, I used 800 degree rated black caulk to seal a spot where they installed the chimney flue into the flue collar a bit poorly. I also have a CO meter and am keeping a log. So far it is operating way better than before. Doubt I’m getting any better burn times, but at least safety concerns are handled.