Derco INC. Grizzly FPI-1 LEX Need INFO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Phillipn

Sep 22, 2023
OKlahoma
Hi we just bought a used Grizzly stove and I cant seem to find any info on this stove anywhere it was manufactured in 11/91 I was wondering what the lever does at the top in the middle just above the door as its not a flue control, it moves a rectuangler piece that opens and closes a second airway in the back of the stove.

So it goes to this flap in the back of the stove and tou can see on the left the main opening from the stove to the pipe.

IMG_20230922_184011_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

maybe you open on cold starts,to help draft?just throwing to see if it sticks lol.someone will know
That's what I'm thinking but also now need to figure out if the chimney coller is supposed to be that short and if so what kind of adaptor do I need to attach it to the rest of my pipe.

It is a cat stove that is the bypass damper

Reactions: begreen
Okay that answers 1 question thank you where would the cat go and what adaptor do I need so I can mount the pipe to it?
Don't know where the cat would go. But the pipe should be easy just what ever size pipe the outlet is. I only know it's a cat stove from the data plate

Don't know where the cat would go. But the pipe should be easy just what ever size pipe the outlet is. I only know it's a cat stove from the data plate
Thank you! the pipe it came with is NOT the right pipe, it's something someone Frankensteined together. its an 8 inch pipe 1/2 an inch thick with a damper in it and a bead welded to the outside so it can rest on the top of the stove and not interfere with the cat damper. I was wanting to get some single like what's in the pics but it just goes all the wat down till its resting on that damper control rod.

Thank you! the pipe it came with is NOT the right pipe, it's something someone Frankensteined together. its an 8 inch pipe 1/2 an inch thick with a damper in it and a bead welded to the outside so it can rest on the top of the stove and not interfere with the cat damper. I was wanting to get some single like what's in the pics but it just goes all the wat down till its resting on that damper control rod.
The bead on the crimped end drops through as well?