did I get a bunch of pine?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like popular to me. Very light when dry, easy to split, burns quickly leaving no coals. I've burned lots of it, best used during shoulder season or as kindling, not a wood I would pay money for but ok for free.

Wooddope you described exactly whats happening to me the stuff burns up fast 2-4 hours and theres nothing left. Im starting to think I have a good mix of poplar and sweet gum.

ChrisNj why do you say that? Just curious, I'll take all the advice I can get.

I have just found that some "hardwoods" aren't so hard while some pines are quite hard around me, not sure of the species of pine but some I have gotten from my Sister's yard is very nice wood once seasoned. Although I am also not sure which species of hardwood I have found to be so light, but I have suspected it to be Sassafras or willow.

ChrisNj that makes sense thanks for the feed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.