Digital Flue Thermometer Recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cabinwarmer

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2020
SE PA
Good Day, I have another thread going and the recommendation was to go with a digital flue temp gauge for my new GM 60 install. My research is not showing many options. Do they all require 110V? Any product recommendations are greatly appreciated. I would like to install one as soon as possible to help learn this new CAT Hybrid stove.

Thanks, Dave

Auber thermometers use 110v, condar thermometers use batteries.

Thanks Diabel, the Condar web site does not show any digital flue units. They show CAT probes, but not flue probes? Which one are you thinking of?

They do. Google condar watchman. But its a new style that uses 110v. Perhaps they stopped selling the battery operated one.

Got it, looks like the Condar Watchman is set up for CAT monitoring. The alarms and various flashing LED's are in the CAT temp range. I am sure it would work with some getting used to variants. Also, does the probe mount very well in a flue? Unclear on mounting. Thanks, Dave