Discuss Harman 68 Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this. Put some ice cubes in a plastic bag and put your room temp probe between two. Watch what happens to your feed rate after about a minute. Does it pick up? I've found that placement of the room temp probe us critical. Yours may need to be moved. This little experiment will determine if it's working.
Could just drop it to the floor..

Why not just coil it up and let it hang about a foot from the floor in the back. Works fine for me.

I want to follow up on my Harman 68 issues discussed in this thread. Thanks for all the diagnostic suggestions offered here. Not only did I learn more about my stove, I continue to glean useful information from the forum. I hope to share what I have learned with others who seek help here. All that being said, I traced the source of my issues to fuel. Having burned a corn / pellet mixture successfully for most of the winter, apparently the last batch of corn was not a dry as it should have been. Moving to a richer mixture of pellet / corn, 25% corn 75% pellet solved my issue of an overflowing pot of unburned fuel. My preference for burning corn initially was it burned very clean and possessed approx. the same BTU output. I continue to burn the corn pellet mixture for that reason until of course I find my perceived benefit an illusion. Right now, I am pinched for fuel pellets so using corn as a filler has the additional benefit of extending my limited wood pellet resource. Again, thanks to all who came to my aid with good and sound advice.
I have a much better understanding of Harman 68, it's mechanics and what to look for if and when any symptoms recur in the future.

Reactions: bags
Status
Not open for further replies.