Do wedges have feelings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsam

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
youtu.be
Because this one just wasn't emotionally prepared to let go.

Image-341223443.jpg

Image-1489712160.jpg

Or maybe he'd just been hit on the head one too many times! I know that feeling.

He's playing possum. Put the sledge away and try showing him a rubber mallet.

Maybe the TWO wedges are fond of each other and the one just can't let go.

He sees that his buddy is stuck and doesn't want to leave him wedged all by himself.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Cute discussion, BUTT: mushroomed wedges without grinding the heads at an angle will send shrapnel when sledgehammered.
Ask.:confused:

Once upon a time there were two (2) loggers cutting in the deep woods of Massachusetts, west of the metropolis called Boston.
These two(2) had not yet heard of the technique "noodling" to bust up large butts.
So, being strong in body they decided to bust up the big butts with old steel wedges and sledge hammers.
The strong body of one hit one of the old ( very used) steel wedge very very hard ( he had a strong body ).
An edge of the very old, mushroomed steel wedge flew into his right thigh, barely missing the femoral artery, but
creating severe bleeding. ( Chaps at that time were not used by strong bodied loggers, and considered sissy stuff. Whether or not
Kevlar chaps would have stopped a steel sliver is unknown).
Oh, he lived....barely.
And that Mr. Jet is the end.

Once upon a time there were two (2) loggers cutting in the deep woods of Massachusetts, west of the metropolis called Boston.
These two(2) had not yet heard of the technique "noodling" to bust up large butts.
So, being strong in body they decided to bust up the big butts with old steel wedges and sledge hammers.
The strong body of one hit one of the old ( very used) steel wedge very very hard ( he had a strong body ).
An edge of the very old, mushroomed steel wedge flew into his right thigh, barely missing the femoral artery, but
creating severe bleeding. ( Chaps at that time were not used by strong bodied loggers, and considered sissy stuff. Whether or not
Kevlar chaps would have stopped a steel sliver is unknown).
Oh, he lived....barely.
And that Mr. Jet is the end.

Do you limp?

Reactions: DUMF
I have beat on a number of mushroomed wedges in my 60 years. I'm pretty lucky in spite of my stupidity!,

I have beat on a number of mushroomed wedges in my 60 years. I'm pretty lucky in spite of my stupidity!,
As our D.I. said : "common sense ain't common."
Beat away, but think about this--those mushroomed edges are bent over, deformed, weak, and worn from your beathood. The force of a sledge, even in your elder species of 60:eek: , easily can knock one tiny piece of that newly softened steel into a body part. "Once upon a time...."
Those mushroomed edges are easy to grind; be careful of not creating too much heat on the grinding stones that will weaken the steel.
Now, if you still feel lucky, look up the Darwin Award site.;em

As our D.I. said : "common sense ain't common."
Beat away, but think about this--those mushroomed edges are bent over, deformed, weak, and worn from your beathood. The force of a sledge, even in your elder species of 60:eek: , easily can knock one tiny piece of that newly softened steel into a body part. "Once upon a time...."
Those mushroomed edges are easy to grind; be careful of not creating too much heat on the grinding stones that will weaken the steel.
Now, if you still feel lucky, look up the Darwin Award site.;em
Nope you are100% correct! I need to be wiser not just older. I did get a grinder is it ok to grind off those edges.

mushroomed edges are bent over, deformed, weak, and worn from your beat hood
lol

Yea I'm sooooooooo tough!

I am mildly tough for the first round of whacks. Then I am all strong and manly with big full whacks for a while, then I start panting and giving it somewhat smaller whacks, then I start wheezing and giving it little girly taps whilst alternately promising it punishment and rewards if the damn thing will just split already.

All in all, it might actually endear me to the ladies. If they like comedy. This theory also assumes there are some ladies hiding in the woods watching me split wood.

(I DO get the wood split, though!)

I am mildly tough for the first round of whacks. Then I am all strong and manly with big full whacks for a while, then I start panting and giving it somewhat smaller whacks, then I start wheezing and giving it little girly taps whilst alternately promising it punishment and rewards if the damn thing will just split already.

All in all, it might actually endear me to the ladies. If they like comedy. This theory also assumes there are some ladies hiding in the woods watching me split wood.

Love it! I'm a runner so I don't wheeze much. It's just my skinny lame as. Body that is a challenge!

Oh you manly man you....gasp.()
There is a ringing sound in the woods when the woods are filled with listening ladies.
We have a winner.;em

Status
Not open for further replies.