Do you prefer Stihl or Husky?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a husky 372xp and a stihl MS460 both have been excellent saws. Which one is better? Not sure, both have served me well for over three years of continuous daily use. I would like to get a smaller saw eventually. Cutting wood on a pile is different than working in the woods all day limbing and such and the larger saws wear on you after lugging it around all day. Either brand depending on the model should serve a weekend wood cutter for a lifetime with proper maintenance. As with any brand some models have problems talk to mechanics who work on the saws as to which models to avoid, and buy it from a servicing dealer close by.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.