Does anyone have a review of Lennox Country Canyon c310?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradleyS

Nov 10, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hello,

I am in the market for a fireplace wood stove insert. I have a ranch with an existing masonry fireplace.

There is two fireplace stores in my area. One deals with PE, Vermont castings, Lopi, and maybe Harman.

The other had Napoleon, Osburn, Harman, and Lennox. That dealer recommended the Lennox C310 from their country line and the Harman 300i

The PE dealer likes the Summit.

I attached a quick pdf file of my house layout. The fireplace is on the back wall with the chimney inside the room that is 18x26. ( That room used to be a screened patio. It is now an enclosed)

I find a lot of reviews about the PE summit, but cannot find anything on the Lennox. They did not have that model in the showroom. They had the Montlake230, which looked well made but 2 bad reviews on here does not help me with decision.

Attachments

• House layout.pdf
    220.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Country stoves are made locally so we see more of them out here. I've been in a few house with the Canyon installed. All owners were very satisfied with its performance. It is a very stout stove and really puts out the heat. I like the Summit too. It has a unique advanced design that keeps it simple, reliable and performing well for years. Either the Summit or the Canyon will get the job done well. Both are very good heaters for power outages. They convect pretty well even without the blower running. For best performance, just be sure to have a good supply of well seasoned wood on hand.

Both have good reputations. If the dealer doesn't have the Canyon in the store, it would be difficult to know what it would look like in person. If you like the Summit, I'd probably go with it and it (arguably) is the better stove anyway.

Since begreen brought it up, what do you have for a wood supply?

Country stoves are made locally so we see more of them out here. I've been in a few house with the Canyon installed. All owners were very satisfied with its performance. It is a very stout stove and really puts out the heat. I like the Summit too. It has a unique advanced design that keeps it simple, reliable and performing well for years. Either the Summit or the Canyon will get the job done well. Both are very good heaters for power outages. They convect pretty well even without the blower running. For best performance, just be sure to have a good supply of well seasoned wood on hand.

Thank you for reply.
I am going to go see the PE summit today or sometime this weekend. Yes, I agree well seasoned wood is important. Working on establishing the full cycle from fresh cut... to split to...seasoned and ready. I live in North East on Long Island, NY. I had about 5 trees come down from Sandy. Mostly Cedar.

Both have good reputations. If the dealer doesn't have the Canyon in the store, it would be difficult to know what it would look like in person. If you like the Summit, I'd probably go with it and it (arguably) is the better stove anyway.

Since begreen brought it up, what do you have for a wood supply?

Thanks for reply,

Working on wood supply. I live in the North east on Lon Island, NY. Got hit by Sandy and have some wood from that. I just took down a huge 100 yr old Oak in my front yard, that is in the cutting and splitting stages. Will need to buy seasoned wood to establish the wood fuel for this Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.