Does everyone in Nova Scotia burn wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundgunner

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2013
Rural CT
I'm sight seeing and it seems the folks up here all have nice stacks in their yards. A lot more than back home. I see a lot of pine but Birch also. Didn't get to good a look as I'm with the wife on the motorcycle in the rain.

This picture is not from today, same set up though. My camera is not coming out in the rain today. Should be nice in a day or two I guess.

Reactions: Soundchasm
that aint NS

'This picture is not from today...'

If he's in Cape Breton though, parts of that almost look like NS. Except for the rocky peaks way back there that is.

Not all of us do - but a lot of us do. Pales in comparison to what gets chipped up & shipped out though - you've likely driven by some pretty ugly looking clearcuts.

Where ya to? How long ya here for?

Last edited:
We are in Sydney now. Going to Cape Breton Highland National Park tomorrow. The rain is supposed to hold off for a few days now. There seem to be many more burners here than in my part of New England. I see a lot of "wood type" chimneys on public buildings too. Are pellets popular for commercial and public buildings?

Reactions: Woody Stover
PS left the trailer at the hotel today.

You might have passed my wife on the road today. She drove from Louisbourg to Antigonish. Nice wheels - you should be in for some nice weather for a while after today.

Edit: I wouldn't say pellets are all that popular really. Certainly more cord wood being burned than pellets. Although I do know some with pellet stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.