Dolmar 5100s video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:
I too would like to run a 460 and 660 head to head against the 7900.

A 460 maybe, but I'll SMOKE you all day long with my 660. There's no question that Dolmar makes a great saw, but you're getting a little big for your britches pitting a 7900 against a 660...
I wouldn't expect the 7900 to beat out the 660 in a race. It would be interesting to see how much of a difference the 10% more power the 660 has really makes vs the lighter weight of the 7900. In other words "smoke me all day long" may not reach fruition because your day may end much sooner due to operator fatigue.

Well, I have not yet experienced a level of fatigue that would make me quit before anyone else... The 660 is certianly a heavier saw, no question, but I think that definitely depends on the user... I can handle the extra weight, don't you worry... ;-)

FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:

A 460 maybe, but I'll SMOKE you all day long with my 660. There's no question that Dolmar makes a great saw, but you're getting a little big for your britches pitting a 7900 against a 660...
I wouldn't expect the 7900 to beat out the 660 in a race. It would be interesting to see how much of a difference the 10% more power the 660 has really makes vs the lighter weight of the 7900. In other words "smoke me all day long" may not reach fruition because your day may end much sooner due to operator fatigue.

Well, I have not yet experienced a level of fatigue that would make me quit before anyone else... The 660 is certianly a heavier saw, no question, but I think that definitely depends on the user... I can handle the extra weight, don't you worry... ;-)
I think you're just talkin smack :coolsmirk:

clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:

well, with all the smack you've been talkin', you should recognize it... hehe

clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:

I can say it DOES depend on the user. I've bucked all day with my 046 and i'm tellin' ya, weight or the weight difference when bucking wouldn't be easily noticed. Limbing, yeah, bucking..not so much.

woodconvert said:
clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms said:
FLASHMAN said:
clarkharms" date="1218731899 said:

I can say it DOES depend on the user. I've bucked all day with my 046 and i'm tellin' ya, weight or the weight difference when bucking wouldn't be easily noticed. Limbing, yeah, bucking..not so much.
same here but i do the limbing with the 460 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.