Dolmar PS-6100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon_E

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2014
SW VT
Anybody have any experience with these? I am considering purchasing one and would like some opinions.

Great saw. It'll pull a 20" bar well.

Quite possibly the best saw you can get right now for $539. I almost bought one last year but they were on 5 week backorder. I went with the 6400 for $50 more because I'm impatient. My dealer has been selling 3-4 a week again this year. He said the tree cutters love 'em.

The strato air system(reed) seems superior to the competitions electronic injection systems since you don't have to worry about electrical issues. Others may disagree but I think chainsaws should stay simple and easy to work on.

My father in law uses one daily to cut timber. Got it last september and has cut close to 1000 trees with it. Zero problems. I have ran it for him too. Well balanced, good power and awesome price. He even uses a 24" bar with a full chisel full skip oregon chain on it also. I have ran it with the 24" bar and it actually does very well with it. Dolmar really hit a home run with that saw in my opinion. I myself have a stihl 441 and just got a dolmar ps421. I am more impressed with the dolmars than stihl. I am not saying my 441 is a bad saw cause ive had it for 8 or 9 years with zero problems. And for the price differences between steel and dolmar, well dolmar has my vote anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.