Don't know if anyone has a guess about this fireplace...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at this house 600 miles from me. It's an 1877 Victorian and it's been fully restored. Any guess if this is the actual fireplace opening or if it's some kind of firebrick retrofit? I need a 31 1/2" opening for my insert, and this barely looks 18" wide...unless this brick thing is some kind of fake brick surround for the gas logs and maybe there is a larger opening behind it. It is a wood burner for sure, it just looks absurdly small. I will find out for sure when they do the fireplace inspection, but wondering what it looks like to
you all.

I can't get a link or photo to load, so you will see it in the pics at this link--it's the only pictured fireplace. It's an award winning restoration, if you like that sort of thing, so it's interesting to see either way.

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Aurora/318-N-View-St-60506/home/14355302

It could either be a small rumford or it may be a coal fireplace hard to tell with those limited pics

Ok i saved it and zoomed in it looks like it has a coal basket in it i think it is a coal fireplace but again i cant say for sure without much more detailed pics

Status
Not open for further replies.