Door Fan Recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Can anyone recommend a door fan (mounts in corner of door frame).
I'm looking for one that's not too noisy, and don't want to slap something together out of computer parts.

I'd like to post this in the pellet forum too, but am I allowed to?

Thanks.

No, don't EVER go to the pellet forum. Ever.;lol Man, what were you thinking?
Seriously though, seems to me you could post a question anywhere you want.
I've thought of doing that in the stoveroom doorway, blowing into that room up high. Not sure how well it would work, but it could be reversed in pretty short order..

I considered one, but found them to cost $20-$35, versus the super-quiet tower fan I already had. Tower fan it was.

Yep, we got a tower air purifier just before Thanksgiving last year. It's pointed into the stove room in the winter and right now it's oscillating between me and the wife.:cool:
Killin' 2 birds with one air purifier. Good stuff.

Can anyone recommend a door fan (mounts in corner of door frame).
I'm looking for one that's not too noisy, and don't want to slap something together out of computer parts.

I'd like to post this in the pellet forum too, but am I allowed to?

Thanks.
I made a little shelf and put a 6 inch personal fan at the start of the hallway....​

Attachments

• Picture0052.jpg
    Picture0052.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 129
you have the right idea using a computer fan for this purpose (problem is Suncourt and other companies refuse to build a superior doorway fan like that, which is quite as a mouse, uses little electricity and moves air).... the closest you can get without making them yourself is the product made by achla (its not cheap but its a superior product).

also, what up with the double post? im used to be castrated on other forums for that LOL, is it aloud here? TY

Status
Not open for further replies.