Hearthstone Mansfield Possible door mounting gasket breakage/leak on brand new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Theroge

Feb 12, 2023
Southern Maine
Hi!

Curious if anyone can shed any light on a possible problem I am having. I just noticed a bit of blackness above my door and upon closer inspection I see that the gasket is not super tight, and the door (mounting frame?) looks partially broken as well. I feel like this could be an easy fix with a new door mount+gasket but I want to make sure this is something that could be a problem first.

I just bought this stove this summer, so its my first year running it, so I am kind of surprised there would be this type of problem? Should I contact the manufacturer or the store I bought it from or does this gasket look normal? The side walls of the door mount are very tight, which is why I first noticed the issue.

Thank you!
Roge

unnamed.jpg unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This weekend I can look at mine. I'm not home right now.

Hm looks to be like there are a few gaps which maybe causing a bit of that blackness above the gasket. Going to Talk to Hearthstone today and see if there is anything they can do about it. Thank you for the pictures!

Reactions: Pinesmoke