Dovre Sunburst 2100 glass type

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Island Pilot

Nov 28, 2021
Maryland
Hello,

I have a late 80s sunburst. My children broke the glass. It wasn't tempered glass. It came apart with long shards. The fireplace has never put out much heat, and it goes through wood quickly. I doubt the glass door gets up to ceramic glass temperatures.

According to this brochure, you need ceramic glass...
15489.jpg

Ceramic glass comes in different brands, NeoCeram, Robax, Schotts being common brands. If you can't get it locally, measure its thickness, make a template, and put in an order with www.onedayglass.com.

Does the fireplace have the optional fan kit? That, together with dry firewood should provide decent heating with this fireplace. No stove will heat well if the wood is not fully seaasoned. A modern unit can do better, but that will be costly to replace.