Drill Press Options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
BK I hope you are feeling better, be careful out there, do not think we have a lot of deer ticks in Iowa but I guess they are here.

You got deer. You got deer ticks. Northern Illinois and S WI. have a couple of counties that have a higher risk than where it originated (Lyme).

Take care BK - if you caught it quick you will bounce back well. I have had several friends infected. It ain't pretty.

Holy smokes! Sorry to hear about your battle with Lyme disease, my man. Best of luck on your recovery.
As for the press, I'll try throwing it down to the lowest speed. The factory set screws required a wrench to change the speeds, but I replaced them with knobs that I can hand loosen/tighten so the changes will be quicker. I may actually end up changing the belts now for major projects, but for little things I'll run at 700.

As I mentioned above, it will absolutely do everything I need it to--certainly a bit slower with the belts/table adjustments, but I've got time--and it's a classic piece I'm proud to own. Sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong era.

Thanks for all your help, everyone--especially you, BK.

S

No problem, TX. Got plenty of help on other matters here myself, especially saws.

As for the Lyme, I think I got the drugs in time. Lucky I got a high enough fever that my wife decided to give me a sponge bath to cool me down. She found the rash, I never even noticed it. Without the rash I was just thinking some gnarly virus.

Now if I can just get her to give me a sponge bath tonight. %-P

Here's a Lyme distribution map put out by the CDC. Thought it might helps folks see where they stand in there area.

LymeDiseaseDistributionMap-US.png

Status
Not open for further replies.