droid ho

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was 13 I figured we'd have droid ho's by now...

Don't be down hearted, they're gonna fix it for ya, sonny
It won't take too long, it'll just take money

Apple makes a great product..

But I love my Android Operating Devices......

Good luck and looking forward to any and all updates for Mobile use. Whether the Tapatalk (? Spelling? ), or an actual App (I would spend a few bucks on a good one. I have before and will again. Good apps cost $$).

Reactions: ScotO and GAMMA RAY
Hi my name is Gamma and I am a Droid Ho...
just sayin...::-)

Good to hear craig. I've been considering one. Can you compare to the iPad?

I have an android phone and am generally happy with the OS. My wife has an iphone and I like mine much better. Apple makes a good product but I think their stuff is user friendly to a fault. Not to mention you'll always pay a large premium for apple stuff. Let us know how you like it once the honeymoon is over.

Looks like the Nexus tablet is sold out and not in just one store. It's sold out across the country.

Looks like the Nexus tablet is sold out and not in just one store. It's sold out across the country.

I'm always a little leery of things that are that hot. If everyone is still in love with it 6 months from now, then maybe I'll give it a look.

I'm sure goog will brag about selling a couple million - but it's a whole different scale than ipads, which are selling tens of millions.

From what I see, the "early adopters" like myself don't need one or buy it because it is superior, but more that we have to test the platform with web stuff that we admin, etc. - that alone can sell a million of 'em!

My guess is that apple will come out with the mini-ipad later this year for $249/$299 and grab a large part (1/2) of the 7" tablet market from Amazon and Goog. In general, Google makes these things for a "reference" to let developers know what their ideas of the best features are...and then let the other companies run with them. That is, they are not in the hardware biz as google (only as Motorola, since they bought it). But who knows? I'm sure many companies are looking at Apples financial reports with envy....

First thing to do - download Chrome Beta. The built in Google browser on the tablets is based on a much older browser engine and is slow as molasses.

I got lucky that my work started a project to develop mobile applications and we got a whole bunch of this stuff to play with. phones, iPad2's and a couple of the first gen Motorola Xoom android tablet. I'm no fan of apple and use android for my personal phone but I liked the iPad better. Interface is easier to figure out and the screen was just gorgeous next to that first gen android. The new ones might be better...

I'm sure goog will brag about selling a couple million - but it's a whole different scale than ipads, which are selling tens of millions.

From what I see, the "early adopters" like myself don't need one or buy it because it is superior, but more that we have to test the platform with web stuff that we admin, etc. - that alone can sell a million of 'em!

My guess is that apple will come out with the mini-ipad later this year for $249/$299 and grab a large part (1/2) of the 7" tablet market from Amazon and Goog. In general, Google makes these things for a "reference" to let developers know what their ideas of the best features are...and then let the other companies run with them. That is, they are not in the hardware biz as google (only as Motorola, since they bought it). But who knows? I'm sure many companies are looking at Apples financial reports with envy....

Google has quite the market share lead on everyone when it comes to which OS is the most used for mobile devices. Apple isn't even close.

Quite true, but the difference between selling something and giving it away is a big one!

If giving something away was the key to success, than Yahoo would still be the leader in search engines. That being said, I do own an iPad. But, I fully anticipate Google overtaking apple in many areas. Their OS is pretty solid and they are making great strides in their laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.