Drolet 1800 where is the air coming out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

otto

Nov 17, 2018
BAttle Creek
Greetings!

Just installed a Drolet 1800 insert. I am puzzled as to where is the hot air supposed to come out from? The blower are pushing air into the inset but there is no opening to some out hot (I used to have two holes for output in my old Regency). Any ideas? Appreciated.
Thank you.

The gap between the stove top and the metal shroud surrounding the stove...that 3/4" - 1" tall gap the whole way across the top there...

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Greetings!

Just installed a Drolet 1800 insert. I am puzzled as to where is the hot air supposed to come out from? The blower are pushing air into the inset but there is no opening to some out hot (I used to have two holes for output in my old Regency). Any ideas? Appreciated.
Thank you.
Just start a fire. In about 30 minutes, with the blower turned on, you'll know.

That, and what brenndamotu said...

Reactions: brenndatomu