Drolet Escape 1800 at Menards with 11% Rebate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Picker

May 1, 2017
Wapakoneta, Ohio
I have been researching new wood stoves and have pretty much have decided on a Drolet. My local Menards sells Drolet so I have visited their website several times recently. Was surprised this morning to see that Menards is doing a 11% store wide rebate until May 20, 2017 . Which would lower the price of the Drolet Escape 1800 to $711.11 from $799. Can I expect a similar or lower sale price in the fall possibly on Black Friday?

How long has this model been available? Any possibility that this stove will be upgraded in the near future? As I will be installing the stove by myself can much weight be removed for easier moving?

I have read most of the Drolet reviews and comments here plus watched the Drolet videos on YouTube. But would certainly appreciate reading your personal experiences owning and operating the Drolet Escape 1800.

HI from NH. Did you end up purchasing that Drolet 1800? I am looking at the same one at Home Depot for mid $ 700's and wonder if you are pleased with yours. Seems pretty solid and is the right size for our place. Thanks, Thrifty Y

These are super prices, below list. I wouldn't depend on future pricing. That's hard to predict in a turbulent world economy.

Keep it in the driest location possible, on a square of plywood. Spray the inside of the stove with a canola oil (no lecithin) cooking spray. Drop a tarp over it. There may be some spots of surface rust when you are ready to put into service. Steel wool them down if this occurs and wipe with alcohol then give it a touchup spray with Stove Brite satin black paint.

Reactions: Chilly Willy
Keep it in the driest location possible, on a square of plywood. Spray the inside of the stove with a canola oil (no lecithin) cooking spray. Drop a tarp over it. There may be some spots of surface rust when you are ready to put into service. Steel wool them down if this occurs and wipe with alcohol then give it a touchup spray with Stove Brite satin black paint.
You the man, Begreen. This all makes good sense. I am leaning toward making the purchase and storing it in a dry shed, oiled and tarped as you indicate. Thanks!