Drolet vs Century Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nal51511

Jun 24, 2015
CT
I am looking at the Drolet and Century Inserts and was wondering if there was difference between drolet and century to justify purchasing one versus the other? I am looking at the Drolet Escape 1500 or 1800 or the CW2100 or CW2900. It is for a 1500 square foot house in the shoreline of Connecticut so winters aren't very harsh and it just went through a full remodel with 2x6 walls walls and fiberglass insulation. any insight into any of the stoves is much appreciated, both should fit in the existing fire place but the larger inserts will be a tight fit.

thanks

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
They are quite similar inside. The Century line is the basic line of SBI stoves, with Drolet being the value line, and Osburn being the flagship model.

Does it matter which way the door opens?? That’s probably the biggest difference between century and Drolet.

You don’t want 1.1 cu ft fire box of the cw2100. 4 hour burn time max.

I have the 1800 and am happy with it. I do at times which I had a more expensive looking insert but it’s in a basement that doesn’t get used all that much.

I am looking at the Drolet and Century Inserts and was wondering if there was difference between drolet and century to justify purchasing one versus the other? I am looking at the Drolet Escape 1500 or 1800 or the CW2100 or CW2900. It is for a 1500 square foot house in the shoreline of Connecticut so winters aren't very harsh and it just went through a full remodel with 2x6 walls walls and fiberglass insulation. any insight into any of the stoves is much appreciated, both should fit in the existing fire place but the larger inserts will be a tight fit.

thanks
Functionally identical. Get the one you like the looks/price of better. And I agree, go with the bigger model of either. You won't regret it.

I have the CW2900, solid heater. No frills.
Check the dimensions and be sure the bigger insert will fit for certain.