DROLET WOOD STOVES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason i ask is i looked at drolet this weekend, on sale, and a comparable size to the 13 newenglander, was 150.00 cheaper, i still like the englander, just wondering about drolet, if the quality and burning quality is good

Used a Drolet Adirondack for two years. stove worked well, but was too small my house and too small for over night burns, couldn't get enough wood in for reliable over night burns. It was a front loader and would "splash" ashes out when loading. Seconday burn worked good and was much prettier than my Dutchwest cat stove. Simple to operate, one air control. I think they are good stoves for the money.

I have the Mirade model at my camp, works really well. I bought it from Northern Tool for $739 and it came with a blower. The nice thing about this stove is that it has a bypass damper for easier starting the stove and for smoke free reloads. It is made of heavy plate steel and is a good value in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.