dropped a cherry tree today...but not for firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullystull

Feeling the Heat
May 7, 2008
WV Mountains
I'm a member of the local trail club here (mostly mountain bikers) and we maintain an extensive trail system in this part of WV. Anyway, I decided to get out and do my part today and build a new tread-way around a wet boggy section of trail. I dropped and used a cherry tree to line the new tread-way.

Kayakkeith, another hearth.com member also helps maintain these same trails. It takes a village folks--don't forget about your community!! It's what makes the world go 'round.

Attachments

• trail_work.jpg
    trail_work.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 382
another view

Attachments

• trail_work2.jpg
    trail_work2.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 383
sullystull said:
I'm a member of the local trail club here (mostly mountain bikers) and we maintain an extensive trail system in this part of WV. Anyway, I decided to get out and do my part today and build a new tread-way around a wet boggy section of trail. I dropped and used a cherry tree to line the new tread-way.

Kayakkeith, another hearth.com member also helps maintain these same trails. It takes a village folks--don't forget about your community!! It's what makes the world go 'round.

Thats cool, when I lived in VA I used to ride up at Snowshoe in the summer (skied there a lot in the winter too) and the downhill trails on the Cupp Run side were some of the best I've ridden anywhere, even compared to Keystone, which is awesome. That was 16yrs ago when they used to use an old bus for the shuttle back up. Nice work on the trail maintenance.

You shoulda strapped a quarter-cord on the back of your bike; Getting that home would have been a great workout! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.