Dropped a nice bur oak today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wishlist

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2011
Corunna, Michigan
Hey all, we had great weather today in mid Michigan so I just had to stop deer hunting long enough to pretend I'm a lumberjack. This is a smaller bur oak on some property that I have been clearing for the neighbor. Should make for some nice burns. I'm 6-7 years ahead with the wood so this oak should age nicely. :) BTW, thats a 25" bar on the 460.

Attachments

• rps20111121_173508.jpg
    rps20111121_173508.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 312
Very nice. Bur Oak can get massive size with age & live for 300-400 yrs.Starting about 5 blocks south of me & continuing for almost 2 mile radius in 3 directions are literally hundreds of old ones in residential neighborhoods,on public property,,school/church/private business lots & in at least 2 parks & 1 golf course.The 1 golf course is 191 acres,border runs 3/4 mile to my NW & about the same to the west & SW.There's easily 200 old ones there alone,some 3 to 4 ft diameter with 80 ft crown spread.

Thats a big one. +1 on the deer.

Ok, if you insist! :).

We grow them big in corunna! Haha.....I did a nice 8 pt but certainly don't want to offend anyone with a pic?

Attachments

• rps20111121_185342.jpg
    rps20111121_185342.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 266
That tree looks like you are going to be 1 more year ahead,
Few cords there. Good job.
Antlers make good kindling :)

wishlist said:
Ok, if you insist! :).

We grow them big in corunna! Haha.....I did a nice 8 pt but certainly don't want to offend anyone with a pic?
not going to offend anyone here i think. nice score on the wood and deer

Status
Not open for further replies.