Durablack Pipe Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

khpony

Sep 28, 2019
Rociada, NM
New duratech black pipe will be here today and I have a question. I needed to buy a 1' 2' and 4' joint pieces for my install. Is there any particular order I should install them? Since I hadn't installed stove pipe before I thought it best to ask before installing. My order includes a skirted stove top section and slip joint for the ceiling. This based on help I received on my previous post.
TIA

Install with the crimped end pointed down, toward the stove. Put the slip section at the bottom, closest to the stove.

I didn't buy snaplock pipe. I purchased durablack pipe. Every video I found showed the slip joint at the ceiling box. My real question is do I start the install with the 4' joint or one of the smaller joints?

I like the telescoping piece on the bottom, like in this installation video.

Which length is the telescoping piece of pipe?