duraflame firestart firelighters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fagan2425

Mar 31, 2022
Rochester NY
Looking for advice / recommendation on fire starters for CAT stove... other than a propane torch.
I used those duraflame fire start bricks ( not the logs) in my old non cat stove, sometimes combined with kindling and those treated "fatwood" sticks It worked great.
Can I use the same products on a Cat stove? the duraflame bricks and/ or fatwood specifically ? or any other products? I usually don't have much newspaper around. Thnx

Super Cedars are rated ok for cat stoves by Blaze King. Usually 1/4 puck is enough for a good start.

Reactions: BKVP
I have a CAT stove and just use a piece of fatwood to get it going. I can't say that it has been tested by anyone, but the CAT isn't engaged until long after the fatwood is gone anyway.

Reactions: stoveliker
As mentioned, Super Cedar chunk and forget kindling completely. The new BK's arrive with one of these starters onboard. Cat safe.