Duravent stove adapter question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlehoov

Oct 6, 2015
Missouri
Hello all, I recently purchased a Drolet Escape 1800 stove, and am in the process of getting everything hooked up.

I purchased Duravent DVL double wall pipe, and was surprised to find that it would not fit the flue collar of my stove. After a little research, I found out I needed a stove top adapter.

So I got one of these:
http://www.ventingpipe.com/duravent...r-dvl-stove-pipe-double-wall-adapter/p2477130

It fits down in the flue collar just fine, in fact it concerns me because I find it to be a little loose. I know the smoke will take the path of least resistance, but seems like smoke could easily creep in between the adapter and the flue collar.

Do I need some sort of high temp sealant? Just doesnt seem right, but Im still pretty new at all this.The DVL pipe on its own will not fit in the collar without damage or modification.

Help!

I just had the exact same situation with the DVL pipe and my blaze king princess. The adapter wasn't sloppy but it wasn't tight either. I left it as is and did not use sealant. I guess you could try a stove cement but I have a feeling it will crack and fall away. I have fired my stove twice now and from full blast to low and slow burns without any smoke smell.

This lady from Duravent is very knowledgeable. I asked her tons of questions before I did my install. You should email or call her.

Kimberly Ann Austin | Technical Support Representative

M & G DuraVent, Inc. | 902 Aldridge Rd., Vacaville CA 95688-9311

800.835.4429 x7009 | fax 707.446.2742

direct 707.451.7009 | [email protected] | www.duravent.com

I too used the DVL with my blaze king princess. Wasn't tight, but not loose either. No issue for me with any smoke escaping

Same experience hooking up my Super 27. Not tight, but not too loose. Just a tad looser than it was on my 17. No issues during the break in fires.

I guess Im not the only one, but no one seems to have had a problem. According to the Duravent catalog, the adapter is 5 5/8 in. My flue collar is 6 inches. So I guess once it gets drafting it should just go right up, and worse case a little smoke might go up the holes in the dead air space on the outside of the pipe.

Im not crazy about it, but I guess I just need to hook it up, fire it up, and see what happens! Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.