DV3732 Auto-off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vlbrown

Dec 29, 2022
Seattle area
We recently had a Heat-N-Glo DV3732 fireplace installed. We like it. We got the fancier RCT-MLT remote.

We have not been using the timer function. However, we've noticed that the fireplace turns off on its own after riunning for some time. I haven't tested to see if this is 9 hours.

I checked both the fireplace and the remote manual and couldn't find anything about "automatic chit off" but I'm wondering if there might be an undocumented 9-hr maximum run time "for safety" reasons that I just can't find.

Can anyone confirm?

We recently had a Heat-N-Glo DV3732 fireplace installed. We like it. We got the fancier RCT-MLT remote.

We have not been using the timer function. However, we've noticed that the fireplace turns off on its own after riunning for some time. I haven't tested to see if this is 9 hours.

I checked both the fireplace and the remote manual and couldn't find anything about "automatic chit off" but I'm wondering if there might be an undocumented 9-hr maximum run time "for safety" reasons that I just can't find.

Can anyone confirm?

There is a documented Auto shut off:

"
Auto Shutdown
This remote control has an Auto Shutdown feature incorporated
into its system. When the transmitter MODE is
in the ON position the fireplace will continuously operate
for 9 hours. After 9 hours, the fireplace will shut down.
To relight the fireplace:
1. Press the MODE button. The fireplace will operate
continuously for up to 9 hours before Auto Shutdown
repeats cycle. The Auto Shutdown signal comes from
the transmitter. The transmitter must be positioned
within a 20 foot operating range for the Auto Shutdown
feature to operate."