Early??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwomatt

Oct 12, 2012
northwestern ontario
First fire in the vigas 60. Love this thing. The more I get to know it the more I like it. Probably didn't need the heat but just couldn't resist. 4 hrs to bring 1100 gal of 55' water up to temp. Should last most of the week with the mild temp we have right now. Happy happy.

Good for you! If you're happy, I'm happy! It's your unit and your fuel so if it makes you happy happy, then by all means, fire it up. July-Aug might be a little early. Ha Ha! Enjoy!

4 hours? That's fast! To what temp did you achieve in 4 hours? Seems a bit steep if your target was 180 +/-, roughly 300k btu/hr. I assume you started using the heat at a much, much lower temp?

It takes me the better part of a full day of burning to bring my 1,000 gallons fully up to useable temps in the fall for a variety of reasons. It's always fun shaking these things down for the first time each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.