Easiest/very efficient wood stove for 1200 sq ft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tbonger

Oct 13, 2023
Michigan
Currently have a Vermont castings vigilant. It has done a decent job but the damper handle has to be wired down or it flips up, door hand on front has now seized up. Ready to just get something new at this point. Looking for something that is efficient and easy to use (while I love heating with wood and have exclusively for over 15 yrs, still makes me nervous) don't need frills, just something that will do the job well, is easy to control the burn. Any recommendations on brand/models that should be on my radar?

What's the budget? How tall is the flue system from the stove top to the chimney cap? Are there any 90º turns in the flue path?

No, I should be able to use the existing. Pipe is a 6 inch but I have an adapter on it right now for the Vermont castings and if I had to get a different adapter that's fine. I would need to bear in mind my clearance to the wall (cement board with air gap, and artificial fieldstone ) the single wall pipe itself is about 15 inches from the "wall". don't want to have to put an elbow in it though.