East or west side of the woods, which side is best to put the wood to season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reed102

Sep 19, 2006
Greenville, Oh
Our property is 10 acres of all woods with open fields on the east and west sides. I'm trying to decide which edge of the woods is best to put the wood to season. Access is equal on both sides. Or does it really make any difference?

you going to get more heat from the sun on the west side and i would guess more air flow , normally not going to get much East wind , not for us in the mid west at least. The AM sun is not as hot as the mid day / PM Sun.

Agreed, I think western exposure will work better. What are the prevailing winds in your area? Try to orient the stacks so that the prevailing winds blow through them.

Does that mean it will flush counter clockwise also?

Dylan said:
Isn't that 'hemisphere-dependent'?? Just like the Coreolis?? Ya know, like in the southern hemisphere, the sun travels west to east???

Uh right, I don't think the planet rotates differently down there the last time I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.