Echo CST 610 EVL question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
My dad stopped by with this saw that is his girlfriends' late husbands
61c67d84de15e688a71b3380ac8aa08b.jpg

He wanted me to start it for him, he couldn't. He's 70 now but still in good shape. After a minute of looking and pulling knobs and such I got it started. I figured everything out but the knob to the top left of the handle in the pic. I think it's the bar oiler, anyone confirm this? I told him I want that saw if he gets rid of it. Thanks guys!

Looks like an oiler. It'll feel like it's pumping something if it's working and there is oil in there. Or, to confirm, just take the bar off and pump and see if oil comes out.

I'm not sure about this unit, but there were some made that had auto oilers but also had a manual oiler if you wanted to add extra.

pen

Apparently from the little I've read so far at AS its a rare saw? I'll have to read more, it has opposing cylinders. Odd

Reactions: D8Chumley
Video confirmed that's an oiler and that it also has an auto oiler, assuming yours and the one in the vid are identical.

Very cool.

Reactions: D8Chumley
They seem identical. She just had it at the local saw shop, Penn Holo (on the sticker) and it cost her $150 to get it running. It IS very cool, I never knew something like this saw existed but I'm no wealth of saw knowledge either. Thanks pen ==c

Real cool saw! Yeah that looks like the bar oil.... if you take off the knob right above the Penn sticker, the air filter should be in there.. then looks like the choke on the left of the trigger and decomp on the right.

Have never seen a twin cylinder saw before in person... is it heavy?

It's all metal, maybe as heavy as my MS360 or right around it. I guess 14-15 lbs -ish. I wish I had more time to check it out but I had to get the grill going and he was heading somewhere too. I told him I'd be home from work around 4 but didn't get home until close to 5. The chain was beat to hell, I offered to sharpen it for him quick. He said her brother had been using it, I told him to let the guy know that it's meant to cut wood and keep it out of the dirt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.