Eco 55 E code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shalloway

Feb 13, 2022
NL CANADA
Exhaust fan cuts in too early and blows air unto the thermistor, thermistor senses a sharp drop in temp and tells computer no fire and e codes.

How can i prevent the exhaust fan coming on so early or better shield the thermistor from the exhaust air drops the reading?

Any help much appreciated!

The Combustion fan should come on as soon as you hit start !
Read your manual!
What code is showing

The Combustion fan should come on as soon as you hit start !
Read your manual!
What code is showing
E code. I am aware of the combustion fan is on along with the ignitor to start the fire and maintains the fire as more pellets drop in the fire box.

My problem is the exhaust blower cuts in just before the stove reaches operating temp and spikes the temp on the thermistor throwing it down 10 degrees F making the stoves computer/board detect that the fire has gone out. It codes E then goes into shutdown mode as the fire continues to burn and pellets cease to feed, fire goes out, and exhaust blower continues blowing until it cools and fully shuts off.

I hope that explains more of whats happening.

Ive also read the manual inside out, only real help has been telephone with a tech but its the weekend.

Thanks again

E code. I am aware of the combustion fan is on along with the ignitor to start the fire and maintains the fire as more pellets drop in the fire box.

My problem is the exhaust blower cuts in just before the stove reaches operating temp and spikes the temp on the thermistor throwing it down 10 degrees F making the stoves computer/board detect that the fire has gone out. It codes E then goes into shutdown mode as the fire continues to burn and pellets cease to feed, fire goes out, and exhaust blower continues blowing until it cools and fully shuts off.

I hope that explains more of whats happening.

Ive also read the manual inside out, only real help has been telephone with a tech but its the weekend.

Thanks again
Are you saying the room blower is coming on too soon, causing lower exhaust temp, thus causing shut down ??

The exhaust blower is the combustion blower and has to be on for a fire to start
NO blower no Vacuum no pellets feeding and must be on in order to maintain the fire
From manual e code
E The hopper is empty. When all components are stopped, press the «RESET» button. Fill the hopper and press the «AUGER» button. Press «MODE» to restart the stove
There must be something you are not telling us
How long is the stove running before it goes out (shuts down)